|“||The Stitchers Program destroys people. It almost killed me!||”|
|Full name:||Marta Rodriguez|
|Manner of Death:||Went out with a weapon and allowed herself to be shot at|
|Occupation:||Former Member of the Stitchers Program|
|Boss:||Maggie Baptiste (former)|
|Significant Other/s:||Cameron Goodkin (flirtation)|
|Portrayed by:||Tiffany Hines|
|First appearance:||Friends in Low Places|
|Latest appearance:||A Stitcher in the Rye|
She was in her 20s and a former member of the Stitchers program until something went wrong in the tank. She was replaced by Kirsten Clark. Marta was in a coma for several months, but woke up at the end of I See You. She checked herself out of the hospital and tried to bring the program down in A Stitcher in the Rye as revenge for what happened to her and to insure it wouldn't happen to anyone else. She tracked Kirsten down and tried to help her escape, when Les Turner called her and told her to give herself up. Gun in hand, she walked out of Kirsten's House and was brought down by LAPD gunfire.
Physical Appearance Edit
Marta is African American and has black hair and brown eyes.
Friends in Low Places Marta is first seen as Cameron is visiting an unknown person at the hospital. It is revealed to be Marta, who was mentioned earlier in the episode and that something had happened to her during a stitch. There is a brief flashback of Marta in the fish tank undergoing a seizure with alarm bells and light flashing. She was still in a coma by this episode.
- Cameron Goodkin - Cameron is a former co-worker of Marta's who seems to have a close relationship with her. He often visited her in the hospital, and felt guilty about what happened to her during a stitch that went wrong.It's revealed in I See You, that she and Cameron had a bit of a flirtation going on until her coma.
- Upon waking up from her coma, she was trying to kill Maggie and was the one responsible for leaking the stitcher programming algorithm.
- Her specialty is Cryptography.
- What makes her "death" interesting is that we don't see a body, as she's presumably kill offscreen; furthermore, her "remains" are left out and the team cannot investigate her death because they can't stitch into her.
- In a chat with us, Jeffrey Alan Schechter, the series' creator said that originally Midnight Stitcher was going to include this character but ultimately decided against this notion.
Kirsten: "What went wrong?"
Cameron: "Marta staying in too long. She couldn't make the bounce by herself and by the time I got her out, it was too late."
Kirsten: "She died?"
Cameron: "No, but she was damaged. She's been in a coma for the last four months."
Kirsten: "It was an accident. [pausing and looking at Cameron] It wasn't your fault."
Cameron: I can't risk anything like that happening again. [looking at Kirsten] I can't risk you."
Maggie: "Marta is in this condition because she couldn't separate her emotions from the sample she was stitched into."
Marta: "The Stitchers Program destroys people. It almost killed me!"
Kirsten: "I heard you stayed in too long."
Marta: "Right, it's my fault. Cameron tell you that? Typical, he couldn't possibly have made a mistake."
Kirsten: "How do you know what you're feeling isn't residual..."
Marta: [interrupting Kirsten] "Residual emotion? What I'm feeling, what I know is real. I know they'll use you like they used me until something goes wrong, and it will, and when that happens they'll try to make you disappear."